Webinars by Practice Area
Corporate Law Update
Recorded on: 24/01/2020
Corporate transactions continue to give rise to a number of interesting decisions from the courts, particularly in the area of share purchase agreements. This webinar summarises a series of recent decisions and suggests practical steps to take to avoid repeating the mistakes of others.
- notice provisions – content, format, delivery and other pitfalls
- breach of warranty claims – is diminution in value the only correct measure?
- disclosure – how will the courts assess adequate disclosure? can we disclose the contents of the data room?
- extensions to earn out agreements – does the phrase ‘as shall reasonably be agreed’ give rise to an enforceable obligation?
- rectification – in what circumstances will the courts agree to rectify a share purchase agreement and a disclosure letter?