Webinars by Practice Area
Contract law – formation, exclusions and boilerplate
Recorded on: 18/10/2021
Contract law continues to give rise to a wide range of disputes between contracting parties. This webinar considers a number of recent cases and suggests a series of practical steps to be taken in response to the issues raised.
Topics will include:
- Joanne Properties Ltd v Moneything Capital  EWCA Civ 1541 – ‘subject to contract’ pitfalls to watch out for
- TRW v Panasonic  EWHC 19 (TCC) – battle of the forms – can a party ensure that its terms and conditions take priority over subsequent terms and conditions?
- Phoenix Interior Design v Henley  EWHC 1573 (QB) – incorporation and reasonableness
- Mott Macdonald v Trant Engineering  EWHC 754 (TCC) – can a clause exclude liability for deliberate and intentional breaches?
- Apache North Sea v INEOS  EWHC 2081 (Comm) – when can consent be reasonably withheld?
- Dodika v United Luck  EWCA Civ 638 – what is a ‘reasonable level of detail’?
- Towergate Financial v Hopkinson  EWHC 984 – interpretation of single v double conditions re time limits
- P14 Medical v Edward Mahon  EWHC 1823 (QB) – when will the courts apply the blue pencil test?
- Kabab-Ji v Kout Food Group  EWCA Civ 6 – can a party rely on estoppel if their variation is invalid?