Webinars by Practice Area
Compliance Update 2021
Recorded on: 21/09/2021
The second in our twice-yearly compliance updates from Trevor Hellawell will focus on several recent and topical consultations, and the ultimate responses. It will look at key issues emanating from the SRA and a run-down of the new ‘muscularity’ in the enforcement of the Legal Sector Affinity Group (LSAG) guidance on AML procedures, ongoing regulatory castigations to do with the transparency rules and the consultation on comparison sites, the implementation of the SQE and consider the implications for practice of the removal of the lockdown restrictions and what the profession sees as the ‘new normal’. It will further consider the SRA’s Accounts Rules, as they continue to bed down, and other matters of concern to the profession, most notably the increasingly difficult issue of PII cover, and the closure of the Solicitors Indemnity Fund (SIF).
Matters to be covered include:
- PII and SIF closure – the latest
- New LSAG AML guidance and SRA investigations of AML procedures
- SRA enforcement activity over transparency continues
- SQE update – it has begun!
- SAR update – new guidance
- Covid considerations as lockdown has changed the landscape – what is the ‘new normal’?