Webinars by Practice Area
Completion problems and solutions
Recorded on: 14/02/2023
This webinar will focus on the completion of property sale and purchase contracts and the problems that can arise, including:
- Completion – what does it entail – what changes at completion?
- What do the Standard Commercial Property Conditions say?
- Bespoke clauses in sale and purchase agreements relating to completion
- Requisitions on title and completion statements
- The Law Society code for completion – the nature of the trustee duty
- Identity issues – Dreamvar and other cases – ID check expectations
- Discharge of mortgages
- Issues where the completed transaction needs to be registered at the Land Registry – the registration gap and issues with it – the “boomerang” lease (On v Gilesports)
- Problems at completion – notices to complete – “ready willing and able” – termination/rescission, specific performance, forfeiting the deposit
- Vacant possession – what does it mean – fixtures, fittings and chattels