Webinars by Practice Area
Commercial Agency Overview
Available from: 19/07/2021
The Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 set out a series of rights and obligations for principals and agents that go well beyond the usual expectations of common law agency. In particular, agents are given significantly enhanced rights albeit only in respect of certain specific types of agency contract. This webinar sets out a succinct summary of the key issues together with an overview of recent case law.
Topics will include:
- Application of the Regulations
- Definition of ‘commercial agent’
- Definition of ‘goods’ – does this include software and electricity?
- Key rights and duties of commercial agents
- Main duties of principals
- Drafting of compliant termination clauses
- Calculation of compensation payments