Webinars by Practice Area
COLP update 2023
Recorded on: 14/07/2023
The remit of the COLP continues to grow: from ensuring continued compliance with the SRA’s Standards and Regulations (including new provisions on wellbeing), to following new guidance on the sanctions regime, SLAPP litigation and counter-proliferation financing, the role is becoming ever more demanding. This webinar will look at recent developments and consider the role of the COLP afresh in the light of recent amendments, regulatory punishments and initiatives and will consider possible future developments such as the Economic Crime Levy and statutory obligations to prevent fraud.
- The role of the COLP generally
- Specific duties
- Recent rule changes and their implications:
- Changes to the Codes of Conduct
- SLAPP litigation
- Counter-proliferation financing
- New LSAG
- Insurance matters – PII renewal difficulties
- How do we deal with un-regulated businesses and freelancers?
- What of the future?
- Economic Crime Levy
- Steps to combat fraud generally