Webinars by Practice Area
Recorded on: 06/03/2020
As part of the Legal Services Act, compliance officers have always had a hard job to do. As a senior member of a legal practice, the Compliance Officer for Legal Practice has always been thought of as the CEO of the business – but practice has not always followed the hype. With the new standards and regulations in place and the SRA resources to supplement them it is clear that the role of the COLP has been enhanced by various changes in those rules. This course will look at the COLP’s current role and how it will change in 2020 as the new rules continue to make their presence felt.
This webinar looks at the following topics:
- Who can be a COLP?
- What is the role of the COLP?
- Compliance, complaints, confessions and competence
- Risk management generally
- Liaison with the regulator(s)
- Codes of conduct – monitoring and supervision; reporting
- Wider issues – business and practice management
- Common issues and errors that firms commit, that COLPs should be on the lookout for
- Statutory obligations
- Things for COLPS to watch – marketing, competition and competence