Webinars by Practice Area
Recorded on: 25/02/2020
As part of the Legal Services Act, compliance officers have always had a hard job to do. As a senior member of a legal practice, the Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration has always been thought of as the CFO of the business – but practice has not always followed the hype. With the new accounts rules now in place, and the SRA resources to supplement them, it is clear that the role of the COFA has been enhanced by various changes in those rules. This webinar looks at the COFA’s current role and how it will change in 2020 as the new rules continue to make their presence felt.
This webinar covers the following topics:
- Who can be a COFA?
- What is the role of the COFA?
- Finance generally
- Financial viability of the business
- Accounts rules – monitoring and supervision; reporting
- Wider issues
- SRA checklists that ought to be maintained
- Statutory obligations
- Inter-relationship with the reporting accountant in the light of recent rule changes