Webinars by Practice Area
Avoiding negligence in property development transactions
Recorded on: 17/01/2023
There is a great deal of scope for solicitors’ negligence in property development transactions – as the cases show. This webinar will focus on those areas where it is only too easy for costly mistakes to be made, including:
- Tax issues – consulting Counsel, excluding liability
- Responsibility for experienced clients
- The position of unrepresented third parties (such as ‘amateur’ sellers)
- Must past advice be kept under review?
- What should you do if the other side makes a mistake?
- Planning issues in conditional contracts and options
- Common problems with overage
- Issues with SIMs (Searches of the Index Map)
- Lessons from 3 cases decided in 2022, namely:
- Mervyn Lambert Plant Ltd v Knights Solicitors
- Aurium Real Estate London Ultra Prime Limited v Mishcon de Reya LLP
- Spire Property Development LLP v Withers LLP