Webinars by Practice Area
An Introduction to the Telecoms Code
Available from: 22/02/2022
The Electronic Communications Code came into force on 28 December 2017, since when there has been a steady stream of cases, several of these reaching the Court of Appeal, focussing on important areas such as the extent of Code rights, the circumstances in which interim access will be granted, termination of Code rights and the terms of leases and other agreements granted by the Court to operators (and the circumstances in which these will be imposed and upon which parties). This webinar will provide both an introduction and an update to the Telecoms Code, and will include:
- Operators, Code rights and apparatus;
- How are Code rights acquired?
- Exercise, registration and assignment of Code rights;
- Upgrading/sharing apparatus;
- Court powers to impose an agreement;
- Who can be granted Code rights?
- What terms can the Court impose?
- Termination and modification of agreements.