Webinars by Practice Area
An Introduction to S106 Planning Obligations and Community Infrastructure Levy
Available from: 16/03/2021
This webinar, aimed at both commercial and residential property lawyers, will provide an introduction to Section 106 planning obligations and Community Infrastructure Levy, comprising:
- How it all began – s52 and its predecessors, the drawbacks to this legislation
- S106 planning obligations – how they work
- Varying s106 planning obligations
- Planning gain – the restrictions – when is it not lawful?
- Community Infrastructure Levy – how it works
- Who pays CIL and what are the exemptions? When is it payable?
- Provisions in property sale contracts, options etc. relating to s106 and CIL
- Important recent cases