Webinars by Practice Area
Adoption Law and Placement Orders 2021
Recorded on: 09/04/2021
How familiar are you with law surrounding adoption and placement? When is it necessary to apply for a placement order and what is the position with the transfer of parental responsibility, and thereafter? Do you understand how the adoption panel system works? Are panels needed, and what is a matching panel? How has COVID-19 impacted on the regulations? What has changed?
These and other questions will be explored and answered in this webinar, looking at the leading and developing case law and statutory provisions. It will be relevant for those of you acting for parents, extended family members, local authorities and children.
Key points include:
- Placement orders – What are the nuts and bolts? How do they operate?
- Adoption and placement orders – how do they fit together?
- Panels and processes
- Revocation of placement orders – what must I know?
- Leave to revoke placement orders – what is the test?
- Leave to oppose making of adoption orders – latest cases
- Adoption processes and procedure – what are the developing key regulations ?
- Local authority processes and procedures – impact of COVID-19 and current changes