Times: Half day masterclass. Morning session from 9am and afternoon session from 13.30
With over £100bn thought to be laundered in the UK every year, and Lawyers labelled as professional enablers, there has never been a keener focus on what law firms do to prevent money laundering.
This half day masterclass will provide practical guidance on how to make sure you have effective policies, controls and procedures to manage your money laundering risks.
It will cover:
- The Money Laundering offences in the Proceeds of Crime Act
- Implementation of the Money Laundering Offences 2017
- The impact of the 5th and 6th Money Laundering Offences and the Money Laundering Regulations 2020
- How to make sure you are regulator ready
- The future of the SARs regime
Presented by Amy Bell, former Chair of the Law Society’s Money Laundering Task Force, and co-author of Solicitors and Money Laundering, this course will give new and established MLROs and MLCOs a new perspective on AML.
Tickets are £150 plus VAT and are limited to 10 places (per venue).
For tickets or more information go to the Teal event page here https://www.tealcompliance.com/events