When – 27 March (12.30pm – 1.30pm)
Where – Live Online
The SRA Risk Outlook 2018/2019 highlights that the legal industry can be an attractive target for money launderers, with solicitors and firms at an increased risk. Therefore, the SRA has outlined a number of core issues which solicitors need to be aware of in order to ensure they remain compliant with money laundering regulations.
This course will highlight the on-going requirements for lawyers and their firms to stay up to date with developments relating to and concerning how best to ensure effective anti-money laundering compliance.
The course trainer, Michael Cotter, is an expert Financial Services Lawyer who will provide insight and expertise.
Key benefits include:
- Better understanding of the risks posed by those wishing to target law firms for money laundering purposes
- Understand the importance of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Understand the specific risks posed to firms who conduct Conveyancing
- Learn how to carry out valid identification and anti-money laundering checks
- Keep the firm ‘client-account’ secure and ensure it is not used for money laundering purposes
To book your place, visit: https://altior.co.uk/public-training-programmes/compliance/compliance-money-laundering