12pm BST, joined by GDPR and data protection expert Arye Schreiber
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into force in exactly one year. If you are unprepared, this regulation could have a drastic impact on your business and how you collect data. The regulation creates significantly more rights and protections for data subjects, and imposes heavy fines on businesses that don’t comply.
The changes you will have to make to comply with GDPR include:
- Assessing and justifying all of your data collection
- Revising you privacy, data protection and cybersecurity policies
- Designing systems for new data rights including: right to be forgotten and right to data portability
- Appointing a Data Protection Officer and implementing a “privacy by design” process.
This webinar will help get you started with the first steps and roadmap you need to get compliant. It will help you understand how the changes under GDPR will affect your organisation and how you should begin planning for GDPR.
Topics covered by the webinar
- Main challenges ahead of GDPR: consent, data accessibility, third parties, documentation.
- How does GDPR affect the different departments within organisations?
- What steps must be taken to obtain valid consent for sharing personal data?
- What are the ongoing obligations under GDPR?
- Should a Data Protection Officer be internal or external?
VinciWorks will also answer any questions you pose, either in advance or live during the event.
About the Presenter
Arye Schreiber is a dual-qualified lawyer, MA (Cantab), LLM, MBA (Stanford), and CIPP/E since 2013. He has advised companies – from startups to global Fortune 50 companies, on a range of data protection and privacy issues. He is founder and general manager of MyEDPO Ltd, offering a full range of GDPR and data protection consultation, helping clients achieve GDPR compliance. It serves as an outsourced DPO for its clients and assists in-house DPOs.