The awards, which are sponsored by SearchFlow, The National Land Information Service (NLIS), Thames Water Property Searches and the Local Land Charges Institute, celebrate the achievements of local authority land charges departments that carry out the land and property searches required for conveyancing transactions in England and Wales.
The Awards cover seven categories recognising customer satisfaction, best customer experience, most improved NLIS service, best NLIS local land charges department and local land charges officer of the year.
A winner and a highly commended for each category were chosen by a panel of judges from Land Data, the Local Land Charges Institute, NLIS and Thames Water Property searches. 156 representatives from local land charges teams across the country attended the event.
Greg Bryce, managing director of SearchFlow, comments: “We are proud to be sponsoring these awards that recognise the achievements of the local authority local land charges departments.
“Whilst it has been reported recently that service levels vary between local authorities in terms of turnaround times, and concerns have been raised over the postcode lottery that exists for homebuyers, there are many local land charges departments that are offering an outstanding service despite the funding challenges.
“We are committed to showcasing the best performing local land charges departments to celebrate and share the success stories in the industry.”
The 2016 winners:
Customer Satisfaction for Local Authority Searches
- Winner: Mid Devon District Council
- Highly commended: Wealden District Council
Most improved NLIS Services
- Winner: Bracknell Forest Council
- Highly commended: Mid Devon District Council
Local Land Charges Officer of the Year:
- Winner: Louise Carleton-Prangnell, Southampton City Council
- Highly commended: Steve Gosling, Birmingham City Council
Best Performing NLIS Level 3 Local Land Charges Department
- Winner: Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
- Highly commended: Colchester Borough Council
Best Performing NLIS Level 2 Local Land Charges Department
- Winner: London Borough of Lambeth
- Highly commended: Manchester City Council
Best Customer Experience Award
- Winner: London Borough of Barnet Council & Wealdon District Council
- Highly commended: Arun District Council
The Unsung Hero Award
- Winner: Jade Reynolds, Hertsmere Borough Council