The seminars are aimed at managing partners, practice managers and nominated persons. Spaces, particularly for the 17th September in London are now very limited and interested firms are being urged to book quickly to avoid missing out.
These workshops are excellent value at £49 + vat including 3 hours CPD, relevant content from expert speakers, full course notes and refreshments throughout the morning. Anyone involved in compliance, management or is a nominated person should attend, with the agenda covering topical matters such as:
– Compliance update – what you really need to know.
– Practical compliance tips for COLP’s covering:
– Ensuring outward facing publicity/documents are compliant.
– Risk Management procedures including: preparing a Risk Management Policy eg. how to manage risk, risks by work type, categorisation and types of risk such as conflicts.
– Risk assessment of files, talking about some of the methods for determining the level of risk, file reviews and the use of risk registers.
This session will look at identity theft in the legal industry and specifically the growing concerns about Vendor conveyancing fraud. The most recent case in this area, Santander v R A Legal, has reiterated the importance of risk management by conveyancers and yet the typical check on vendor firms is unreliable. It will include practical tips on how to help you protect your firm and enhance your due diligence prior to sending funds.
Jo Hodges, head of sales and marketing at Redbrick Solutions says: “Due to demand we have added more venues and dates this year and places are already selling out very quickly. I am thrilled to be working with Legal Eye again, their compliance advice, particularly for COLPs is always very well received and this year we are delighted to be welcoming Lawyer Checker to our seminars for the first time. This promises to be a seminar series that anyone involved in compliance cannot afford to miss.”
Dates and venues are as follows:
London – 17th September & 14th October
Southampton – 1st October
Birmingham – 16th October
Manchester – 23rd October
For further details please see our website http://www.redbricksolutions.co.uk/events/
Bookings can be made via the website or by calling 0845 166 2629.