By Legal Futures’ Associates Arken.legal 
Guardianship for children is a common trigger for making a Will, and with some practitioners reporting a 75% increase in demand for Wills during the COVID-19 climate, many parents will be prioritising these provisions (and their peace of mind) now more than ever.
While Arken.legal’s  cloud-based Will drafting software – Arken Professional – easily enables these provisions to be set out within a Will, there are always the more private details that parents might like to express directly to those intended to look after them, should the unimaginable happen.
You can now give your clients the opportunity to leave detailed directions as to the upbringing of their children with Arken.legal’s new Expression of Wishes to Guardians document.
Prepopulated with sample statements, this document covers the major decisions that will be encountered by Guardians (such as where children are to live, go to school and what religious upbringing they should have) to more day-to-day decisions (such as how much screen-time they should have, what sports teams they should be encouraged to try out for, and how much homework they should be expected to do).
How it Works
The Expression of Wishes to Guardians document has a series of non-compulsory menus covering various areas of a child’s upbringing – these in turn have a menu of sample customisable statements, which come into the document at the click of a button. The Expression of Wishes can be made in respect of one or all of the testator’s children.
- Extensive menu of options covering all aspects of a child’s upbringing
- All statements are customisable and editable
- Freetype areas for anything not already covered
- Opportunity to add statements of thanks to guardians and of love and affection to children
- Can be in respect of one or all of a testator’s children
- Brings across details from the Will and Client Manager to reduce re-keying
- Prompts for clients who may not know where to start with making decisions about the upbringing of their children
- Quick and easy to create
- Offers peace of mind by allowing clients to specify details that are important to their family
- Allows for details to be recorded other than in the Will, so they do not become a matter of public record
The Expression of Wishes to Guardians document is now available to all Arken Professional Users as standard.
See it in Action
A recorded webinar demonstration is available to Arken Professional Users within their Arken account.
New to Arken.legal? Book a remote demo  at a time the suits you, to see our business efficiency tools in action.
Get in Touch
01732 867 792