Certainty Expert Webinars presents Professor Lesley King
Join us on Thursday 28th November at 12.00pm when we will be joined by Professor Lesley King who is presenting this month’s Certainty Expert Webinar, titled ‘Issues Facing Small Family Trusts’.
Many married couples (and to a lesser extent cohabitees) solve the problem of protecting assets against care home fees and second marriages by the use of trusts. They may be nil rate band discretionary trusts or flexible life interest trusts.
This webinar will consider some of the problems that can arise in relation to such trusts.
It will consider:
- Does the trust have to be registered, taking into account the different requirements of the 4th and 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directive?
- Should a nil rate band discretionary trust be brought to an end on first death or kept going?
- How can the costs of running such trusts be reduced?
- Conferring rights to income
- Mandating income
- What if a trustee loses capacity? Can they be removed?
- Tax implications of terminating a life interest before death
- Tax implications if trust terminates on death
- Is the residence nil rate band available?
Join us for our free hour long webinar and book your place today.