By Legal Futures Associate First4Lawyers
Many readers may yearn for those days, when they just had to concentrate on their legal work, but customer service and maintaining your online reputation are now vital elements of modern legal practice.
This links closely to the transparency agenda pushed by the Competition and Markets Authority and Legal Services Board, and First4Lawyers’ brand new 2021 industry white paper takes a close look at the progress law firms have made in developing consumer-friendly cultures and highlights the gaps that need more work.
The report features specially commissioned IRN research which surveyed solicitors at both PI and consumer law firms and compares the findings to the very latest consumer research from across the legal industry.
One of the key messages of the white paper is that it is no longer enough just to do the work – 41% of the firms surveyed consider that customer service is just as important as resolving a legal matter satisfactorily.
That is huge progress in a few years and the figure will only keep going up. Clients may not be able to judge how good a lawyer you are, but they do know good or bad service when they receive it and are not afraid to tell the world about it. There are positive signs that more and more solicitors appreciate the need to understand the customer experience their firms provide and the virtuous circle of positive reviews and new clients that can follow. Online reviews are particularly contentious for many in the profession, but they can’t be ignored.
Join us for our FREE webinar on Wednesday 13 October at 11am to explore the findings of our brand new industry white paper on customer service.
- Can solicitors afford not to manage their online reputation anymore?
- Identify the gaps in your customer service strategy
- How to know if you’re really making your customers happy
- Should you sign up to review and comparison websites?
- Does understanding the customer journey really matter?
- Are you really making your website work for you?
- What customer training can do for your firm
- Practical hints and tips from industry experts and peer law firms
- Stay one step ahead of your competition
Register today for the FREE webinar and a copy of the white paper.
Spaces are limited and allocated on a first come, first served basis, so don’t miss out.