By Legal Futures’ Associate Kaplan Altior 
The SRA Risk Outlook 2018/2019 highlights the risks and dangers Investment Schemes pose to solicitors and their clients. The organisation outlined a number of core issues which solicitors need to be aware of in order to ensure they are not falling below the standards of expected behaviour.
This course will introduce and explain Investment Schemes and their associated risks. The course trainer, Michael Cotter, is an expert Financial Services Lawyer who can provide real world insight and examples of assisting and working with those affected by investment scheme collapses, including both private clients and corporate bodies.
Learning outcomes include:
- A better understanding of the risks posed by those wishing to target law firms for money laundering purposes
- The ability to recognise the importance of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- A wider awareness of the specific risks posed to firms who conduct Conveyancing
- The ability to identify how to carry out valid identification and anti-money laundering checks
- A better understanding of the importance of keeping the firm ‘client-account’ secure and how to ensure it is not used for money laundering purposes
To book your place, visit: https://altior.co.uk/public-training-programmes/compliance/compliance-investment-schemes