Federal Transfer Certificates: What you need to know

Title ResearchBy Legal Futures Associate Title Research

In the USA, a Federal Transfer Certificate is required to deal with assets that were owned by non-US citizens/residents and worth over $60,000 at the date of death. This includes selling or transferring shareholdings and closing bank accounts.

In their informative blog, Title Research answers frequently asked questions about the process of obtaining a Federal Transfer Certificate. More specifically, it answers:

  • What is a Federal Transfer Certificate?
  • What is the requirement for a Federal Transfer Certificate?
  • How do I obtain a Federal Transfer Certificate?
  • What documentation is required for a successful submission?
  • How long does an application take?
  • How does this impact the UK Inheritance Tax return?

Click here to read the blog.

Title Research provides a range of genealogical research and asset repatriation services for legal professionals. Their services are designed to streamline the estate administration process, take the effort out of locating the correct people or assets, and mitigate the risk of future disputes or complications. If you have any questions about genealogical research, asset repatriation, or how you can work with Title Research, call them on 0345 87 27 600 or email info@titleresearch.com.

Associate News is provided by Legal Futures Associates.
Find out about becoming an Associate


Loading animation