The after-the-event insurance division of The DAS UK Group has extended the cover of their civil and commercial litigation product to include intellectual property and construction disputes.
Enrique Gomez, Head of ATE insurance commented: “We have seen a rise in requests from the market for DAS ATE cover for intellectual property and construction disputes. We have responded to these calls by increasing our civil and commercial litigation risk appetite to include these areas.
Increasing costs associated with litigation has meant that it is becoming harder for claimants to pursue their legal rights. Our expanded offering means individuals and businesses who suffer financial loss due to construction faults or unauthorised use of their intellectual property can obtain insurance cover to protect them from the financial risks associated with pursuing their legal claims.”
DAS LawAssist Civil Litigation cover:
- Comprehensive limits of indemnity from £25k to £1milion
- Cover for own disbursements (including Counsel fees) if not acting under a CFA
- Cover for opponent’s costs and disbursements
- Flexible premiums including upfront deposit and deferred and contingent options
- Insured premium option, so the client doesn’t pay the ATE premium if they lose
- Full Part 36 cover as standard