By Legal Futures’ Associates Bath Publishing
In September 2020, the judgment in PLK and Others was published and the profession welcomed the notion that hourly rates applied to Court of Protection work were out of date and it was deemed reasonable for uplifts of up to 20% to be applied to the guideline hourly rates (GHR).
However, in the days that followed the SCCO published various practice directions and guidance notes to ensure practitioners would continue to adhere to the indemnity principle. So what is the position now that the dust has settled?
In this webinar, Paul Cruickshanks of A&M Bacon will update you on:
- what new rates can be applied across the country
- Pitfalls to be avoided when applying the new rates
- How best to apply the new rates to ensure the indemnity principle is not breached
- Discussion; what about sole deputyship appointments
- Factors to consider with regard to the OPG
- When it may be appropriate to apply enhanced hourly rates
All Court of Protection practitioners , deputies and their advisers will benefit from joining us on the day.
Paul Cruickshanks, Head of Court of Protection at A & M Bacon Limited
A&M Bacon are Court of Protection Costs Specialists and a leading provider to Solicitors in Court of Protection matters. A&M Bacon can provide quick and accurate Bills of Costs together with a personal service.
10.00-10.45am, Thursday 10th December
Online via Zoom
- single delegate: £30 + VAT
- office licence (unlimited delegates) £60+VAT
What do you get?
- attendance on the day and the chance to ask you own questions
- a recording of the webinar to download
- a copy of the slides to download