Certainty Expert Webinar presents Andrew Bishop, Senior Associate, Shoosmiths LLP and James McKean, Barrister, New Square Chambers
We’re pleased to welcome Andrew Bishop, Senior Associate at Shoosmiths LLP and James McKean, Barrister at New Square Chambers who will be presenting our next Certainty Expert Webinar on Wednesday 22nd July at 12.00pm, titled “Til death do us part: ‘predatory marriage and probate’”.
Predatory marriages can revoke Wills and disinherit beneficiaries. Their consequences may be irreversible, but are all too frequently overlooked. Andrew Bishop, Senior Associate at Shoosmiths LLP and James McKean, Barrister at New Square Chambers present a guide to predatory marriage for the probate practitioner. During the webinar, the dangers posed by these marriages will be considered, along with the steps that should be taken to prevent a testator’s wishes being permanently revoked.
- The definition of a predatory marriage and its effect on an individual’s Will;
- Re Roberts  1 WLR 653 and the voidable marriage problem;
- Practical steps: what to do when advising testators;
- Practical steps: what to do when advising beneficiaries;
- Hopes of reform: the Canadian solution and the Marriage and Civil Partnership (Consent) Bill.
Join us for our next free Certainty Expert Webinar on Wednesday 22nd July 2020 at 12.00pm. Places on the webinar are limited so book now.