It is over three years since the SRA began accepting ABS applications and almost 400 licences have now been granted. With this in mind, and as a follow-up to our successful event in Manchester earlier this year, we will be delivering a seminar in London entitled ‘ABSs: three years on’. Here in Compli we thought it would be an opportune time to look back at what the profession has learnt since the genesis of ABSs and share some practical advice on preparing ABS applications.
Hosted by global insurance brokers Willis, the event will feature top tips from one of our consultants on how to approach the application process as well as comment on changes to the separate business rule changes. In addition, insight will be offered by Willis and a special guest speaker who is the Managing Partner and COLP of an existing ABS.
- Registration and coffee
- Welcome from Jonathan Simon, Executive Director, FINEX Global at Willis
- How to prepare and present your ABS application – Adam Entwistle, Compliance Consultant at Compli, Weightmans LLP
- The separate business rule consultation – Michelle Garlick, Head of Compli, Weightmans LLP
- Taking the ABS plunge: Experiences of the application process and life as an ABS – Simon Gibson, Managing Director and COLP at SGI Legal LLP
- The PI insurers’ view: Assessing the risk profile of an ABS – Jonathan Simon, Executive Director, FINEX Global at Willis
Who should attend?
Lawyers, non-lawyers and investors interested in applying to the SRA for an ABS licence.
20 May 2015
3.30pm – Registration
4.00pm – Seminar
5.30pm – Networking drinks
The Willis Building, 51 Lime Street, London, EC3M 7DQ
There is no charge for the seminar; however, places will be limited to facilitate discussion.
For more information or to reserve your place, please click here.
Compli is the bespoke consultancy of Weightmans LLP. Advising solicitors, barristers and in-house-lawyers, as well as other stakeholders including banks, insurers and investors, Compli offers a range of solutions including regulatory and financial reviews. For more information, please contact us on 0845 070 1047 or email@example.com