Certainty Expert Webinars presents Ian Bond
Join us on Thursday 5th December at 12.00pm when we will be joined by Ian Bond from Talbots Law who is presenting the last Certainty Expert Webinar of 2019, titled ‘2020: What’s in store for Private Client Practitioners’.
The world doesn’t stand still. 2019 has provided many challenges for private client practitioners: the proposed increase in fees to obtain grants; the drop in service provided by HMCTS; the new style grants being issued. Will 2020 bring more of the same?
Based on his role at the Law Society, Ian will use this session to provide a brief review of some of the issues the Law Society dealt with in 2019 and then look forward to what Private Client practitioners may have to face in 2020: What will be the new processes for applying for a grant of representation both on and off-line? What will come from the Law Commission review for Will making in light of its report on acceptance of digital signatures? Are we getting digital LPAs? Will we be getting a new statutory legacy for intestate estates? And, responding to Larke v Nugus requests.
- All change at HMCTS:
- Delays and closures;
- The new online applications process;
- Changes to paper applications;
- Application fees.
- What’s new for Wills and intestacy:
- Law Commission review on Will making;
- Digital signatures for Wills;
- Changes to the statutory legacy for intestacy;
- Disputed Wills – responding to Larke v Nugus requests.
- All change at the OPG:
- A new Public Guardian;
- Digital LPAs;
- Issues when operating a bank account for someone else.
Join us for our free hour long webinar and book your place today.