Nuix: Faces of Innovation – How KM Leaders and Legal Tech are Reinventing Law Firms
25th June 2020 - Online
4pm UK time
Law firms worldwide are embracing innovation, and knowledge management leaders are central to helping them adapt to an increasingly competitive marketplace. To understand how law firms are transforming themselves from the inside out, Nuix engaged Ari Kaplan Advisors to fuel a discussion with KM leaders in six countries. We examined strategies for reimagining the delivery of legal services, the impact of technology on that shift, and how firms are embracing a fluid, ever-growing information landscape.
During this live webinar we will discuss some of the key findings of the survey as well as outline some simple steps that legal teams can take to encourage and benefit from the exciting pace of innovation in legal technology and eDiscovery. We will also discuss the impact of COVID-19 and “shelter-in-place” orders have had on these teams – including an explosion in web-based collaboration.
Topics discussed to include:
- How legal teams are evolving – and roles shifting – in both law firms and corporations to better address and manage eDiscovery.
- How new, multi-disciplinary approaches to collaboration are improving the pace and impact of innovation.
- How analytics and machine learning are helping reduce costs of eDiscovery while also improving “total data intelligence”
- Why some law firms are starting to develop their own technology to better serve corporations.
- The impact that COVID-19 has had on eDiscovery projects and workflows.
Bryant Isbell – Managing Director of Global eDiscovery and Data Advisory Group, Baker McKenzie
Ari Kaplan – Principal, Ari Kaplan Advisors, Ari Kaplan Advisors
Paul Sirkis – Managing Director, Litigation Counsel, Macquarie Group
Caroline Sweeney – Director of Knowledge Management & Innovation, Dorsey & Whitney LLP