Lawyer Checker: Cyber Essentials vs Cyber Essentials PLUS
4th February 2020 - Online
From April 2020 the IASME Consortium will take over the full responsibility for Cyber Essentials delivery.
Why is this relevant to you?
- The legal sector is under attack. In the first 6 months of 2019, law firms reported a loss of £731,250 of client money to cyber crime(Solicitors Regulation Authority)
- Cyber Essentials is recommended by the government as the minimum protection all businesses should have
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires that all businesses secure third party data whether they are current clients or not
- If you’re bidding for a Government contract, you won’t even get a foot in the door if you don’t have Cyber Essentials accreditation
Cyber Certifications will highlight to your customers, the ICO and cyber criminals, that you have considered potential threats and followed every conceivable pathway to protect your business.
What does this mean for you?
- If you already hold a Cyber Essentials accreditation, from April 2020 you will need to use an IASME accredited partner for your renewals
- If you don’t already hold a certification, you will need to use an IASME certified accreditation body to gain Cyber Essentials
How can we help?
Lawyer Checker (a member of the Practical Vision Network) are IASME certified and we are really excited to be one of the certified bodies who can provide Cyber Essentials accreditations to organisations.
We can help you to gain a certification or assist during renewal time.
We are ISO 27001 accredited and pride ourselves in having the best cyber security defences possible
ISO 27001 is the international standard that states best practice for an information security management system (ISMS).
We understand the legal sector
We work with law firm’s day in day out and understand the way your business operates. Our mission is to protect law firms.
We will guide you through the process
We can offer a consultation to help guide you through the process, offering practical advice on improving your security before accreditation.
We have in-house Cyber Security specialists
Jen Williams, our head of IT, is a Cyber Essentials Accredited Assessor and ISO27001 Lead Auditor. Jen was shortlisted in the ‘Security Leader of the Year’ category at the Computing Women in IT Excellence Awards 2019.
If you’d like more information about Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus contact Lawyer Checker on 0800 133 7127 or email: email@example.com.