InfoTrack: Mining in the cities: Liverpool
5th July 2022 at 11:00 am - Online
InfoTrack and Groundsure are travelling around several areas of the UK to discuss the importance of investigating mining and ground stability risk in lesser understood areas.
Historic mines still affect today’s property market on a national scale, with an estimated 8 million properties potentially affected. Non-coal mining and ground instability has gone under reported for decades with little to offer in terms of searches. This is changing along with guidance from the Law Society specifically stating these risks, in addition to coal, should be investigated in every transaction.
During this 45-minute webinar, Tom Harvey-James, Mining Consultant at Groundsure, explores mining and natural ground hazards in Liverpool. Topics covered in this session include:
- Types of mining extraction undertaken
- Types of minerals found in the area
- Why mining and ground stability risk should be investigated
- City focused case study
- Suitable reports and next steps if actions are flagged
- Most suitable product to choose and why