InfoTrack: Acting for Lenders: tips, traps and recent developments
2nd March 2023 at 11:00 am - Online
Acting for lenders, and providing an independent service to both lender and borrower, can prove challenging at times, with severe consequences if mistakes are made.
Ian Quayle, Chief Executive of IQ Legal Training, will join InfoTrack to cover the practical tips and essential risks that conveyancers need to be aware of when carrying out work for lenders.
Residential conveyancers won’t want to miss this 1-hour session exploring:
- Acting for institutional lenders – conflicts of interest , compliance with the lenders handbook and due diligence.
- Avoiding negligence claims – tips and traps
- Lenders and leasehold transactions – fire safety, building safety and onerous lease clauses.
- Dealing with defective title insurance and protecting lenders
- Reporting problems to lenders – does it really matter
- Lessons learned from recent case law
This session is suitable for conveyancers of all levels of experience. Extensive notes will be provided, and there will be an opportunity to ask questions.Register