ILFM: VAT & Billing for Law Firms
13th February 2024 at 10:00 am - Online
VAT & Billing for Law Firms
Between 2 and 3 hours duration depending on the number of questions raised during the session.
Who is it for?
Those in legal finance or management, providing guidance on key aspects of VAT and VAT Billing compliance, including the treatment of disbursements and recharges. If you are new to your role or require a refresher on the subject.
What will you gain?
- Confidence that your accounting and billing procedures are in order and up to date, post Brexit
- Practical guidance and information on specific VAT and billing issues in law firms
What will it cover?
- Types of supply
- Time of Supply and Tax Points
- VAT rates
- Accounting for VAT
- Reverse Charge
- Bad Debt Relief
- Disbursement -v- Recharge
- Place of Supply and supplies relating to land
- VAT Invoices & Overseas clients
- Credit notes
- Third party payers
- Statute and Bill of Account Invoices