In this free 1 hour webinar Kerry Smith and Natalie Wilkins of Garden Court North Chambers will look at running asylum claims based on particular social group, including:
– How a particular social group is defined, including the recent case of DH (Particular Social Group: Mental Health) Afghanistan
– Examples of particular social groups including women, LGBTI+, children at risk of FGM and their parents, former victims of trafficking, people with disabilities/mental illness
– How to evidence a new PSG
– Inter-relationship between PSG and persecution
– What kinds of persecution different PSGs may suffer, e.g. exploitation and destitution, and what evidence is needed to show that
A recording of the webinar will be provided to everyone that registers for the webinar.
This webinar is aimed at legal practitioners and those working with them.