DG Legal: Navigating The UK Sanctions Compliance As A Law Firm Course
3rd July 2024 at 10:00 am - Online
Are you doing sanction checks in your law firm?
In the intricate landscape of legal practice, understanding and adhering to the UK’s sanctions regime is not just a recommendation; it’s mandatory and it’s an imperative. This course aims to set clear expectations and offer practical support to firms, guiding them away from the pitfalls of breaching the UK’s sanctions regime.
Who is this for?
This 90 minute course is for all legal firms, irrespective of the services you provide. Whether you are navigating the sanctions regime independently or operating under a license from the Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation (OFSI), this course is for you.
The course will cover:
- What are sanctions
- What do you need to know about the sanctions for your firm
- How is it different to the AML regime?
- What controls to put in place?
- If the firm offers services to sanction areas – what controls?
- My client has been sanctioned – what do I do?
- Reporting obligations
- Using screening tools
- How does this impact Legal Professional Privilege?
- Sanction Risk Assessment
- Red flags factors
- Enforcement actions