BARBRI Altior: Criminal Cross-Examination
26th April 2021 - Online
An interactive course to provide confidence in conducting cross-examination of witnesses in a criminal trial. Delegates are presented with techniques and methods of preparation for questioning witnesses with the guidance given on how to avoid pitfalls in court.
Cross-examination of witnesses by the delegates within the context of a trial process is discussed with constructive analysis and feedback. Delegates can also review a recording of their performance following the session.
Key benefits include:
- Use effective questioning techniques
- Understand the impact of their communication style
- Be aware of the importance of active listening
- Demonstrate confidence and assertiveness to tackle any witness
- Challenge evidence in a coherent and organised manner
- Recognise supportive facts to be obtained from a witness
- Identify key areas to be addressed in cross-examination, highlighting what the advocate would ideally like to say about the witness in a closing speech.