BARBRI Altior: CILEX Advocacy – Civil
11th January 2021 - Online
This 5-day course is aimed at Graduate members and Fellows, who hold a Certificate of Eligibility from CILEx.
CILEx Regulation has developed a qualification scheme to allow you to gain litigation practice rights in Civil proceedings.
The conduct of litigation is closely linked to the exercise of rights of audience and advocacy rights are also a reserved legal activity. Your application for litigation rights will, therefore, include an application for advocacy rights in the Civil Litigation Pathway. The Civil Litigation Pathway permits Chartered Legal Executives to exercise advocacy in the Judge’s room in the County Court and the High Court.
By successfully passing this 5-day course, you can also opt to obtain advocacy rights in:
- Open County Court hearings;
- The Magistrates’ Court, in relation to all Civil and Enforcement matters;
- Before a Tribunal, which gives a non-discretionary right to appear; and
- The Coroners’ Court
- Learn how to analyse a case and the supporting evidence;
- Learn how to marshal evidence, in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) and Civil Evidence Act 1995;
- You will be trained in Civil advocacy in both a chambers and trial environment;
Please note the following dates:
Training – 11th – 15th January 2021
Online written assessment – 18th January 2021Register