The SRA Risk Outlook 2018 highlights the risks and harm that can be caused by poor standards of service in criminal practice particularly as many people in the criminal justice system are vulnerable. It also highlights the potential wider impact on confidence in the profession if there are issues surrounding a solicitor’s competence in this area.
The SRA, jointly with the Bar Standards Board, commissioned independent research with judges who identified areas where they believe there is room for improvement.
This course will highlight those areas where it is felt there is such room for improvement by lawyers and their firms and consider steps that can be taken to continue improving the service to clients.
The course trainer, Roy Morgan, is an experienced solicitor advocate who will provide insight and expertise.
Key Benefits include:
- Session specifically focuses on Advocacy standards as one SRA risk factor
- Gain an understanding of how better case strategy planning can benefit advocates
- Short, interactive, cost effective session which can be accessed from any location.
- Delivered live by practitioners with expertise in the field of advocacy
- Designed to cover key SRA competencies