Social media and high street law firms – a new Core Legal seminar
Wednesday 25th June 2014, Hotel Russell, London.
Cut through the hype and join Core Legal for a practical review of the value of social media for law firms, and insights into how to use it effectively
Presentations will put the subject matter in a realistic context for law firms; there are new research findings, an overview on how we use social media, where to find your audience, practical advice on social media, intellectual property issues and effective relationship building – plus a look at common-sense planning and online reputation-based marketing.
Presentations and discussions will cover:
- Solicitor’s social media habits – who’s doing what – and why?
- LinkedIn – who do your contacts belong to? Build relationships, measuring results.
- Targeted social media – who is your audience? Where can they be found?
- Getting the basics right with social media – common-sense planning.
- Reputation-based marketing – how hoteliers can help lawyers.
Attendees will receive a free copy of a new CoreLegal handbook ‘Running a Successful Law Firm – Strategies and Tips for Success’. This will help solicitors run a more effective and profitable business. It covers operations, marketing and finance functions within a law firm.
Date: Wednesday 25th June 2014.
Price: £100 (£85 until 26TH May 2014)
Time: 1:30 – 5:00pm
Venue: The Virginia Woolf Room, Hotel Russell, 1-8 Russell Square, London, WC1B 5BE
Book your place at https://socialmediaforlaw.eventbrite.co.uk/
Please note: Due to the popularity of our events there are no refunds yet you can send someone in your place, even at the very last minute.
SEMINAR SPEAKERS AND PRESENTATIONS
Solicitors and social media
- Trends and changes in the use of social media by solicitors – a review of the latest research.
- Social media selection – brands/channels used and reasons why.
- Passive versus active users – solicitors using social media to research and obtain new information versus those creating their own content to raise awareness of their law firm brand and/or individual reputation.
- Engaging clients and boosting reputation via social media – the evidence so far.
Presented by David Mort, Director at IRN Research
Which channel does what and why should I bother?
- LinkedIn – yes? Twitter – possibly? Facebook – no? Pinterest – what’s that? Which channel to use and why?
- How we use social media channels – why they are popular, the role they play in how we communicate.
- Who is your audience on social media? Where can they be found?
- Social capital – creating value from your social media.
- Find out why YouTube is the most powerful video marketing channel online.
Presented by Lisa Newton, Award Winning Franchisee
- Find out who has the right to contacts as Intellectual Property; employee or employer.
- How does LinkedIn make it easier to build relationships than any other platform?
- Examples of taking it offline, gaining Google juice and measuring results.
Presented by Jason Cobine, Beyond Networking
A Marketing Perspective
i) Reputation management for lawyers – think like an hotelier?
- Reputation management is vital to hotels – and law firms. To paraphrase a well-known phrase, it’s ‘reputation, reputation, reputation’…
ii) Getting the basics right – key steps help you success social media, including:
- An agreed upon plan, identifying key issues, your target audience, your firm’s social media policy, commit to appropriate channels and a realistic allocation of resources.
Presented by Jon Hepburn, the Fedora Consultancy
Associate News is provided by Legal Futures Associates.
Find out about becoming an Associate