Record year for Eclipse Legal Systems
Eclipse Legal Systems, the UK’s largest independently owned legal IT supplier, has reported record operating results for its 2012/13 financial year.
The firm’s previous best results came last year (2011/12) when the audited turnover figure stood at £8.3million. The financial year 2012/13, which ended on 30th June, saw Eclipse announce a new revenue high of £9.3million. Highlights from the 2012/13 period include:
- The end-user count for the firm’s Proclaim Case and Practice Management solutions nearing 19,000, on the back of more than 100 new client wins including:
- Carillion Advice Services (part of FTSE250 company, Carillion)
- Multi-disciplinary law firms such as Tollers Solicitors LLP
- Government bodies, including Derry City Council
- A large number of Alternative Business Structures (ABS), including insurer-backed Autonet Law LLP
- A growing number of international wins, including territories as diverse as Switzerland and Zambia
- An addition to the Eclipse board of directors (now numbering 6), with the promotion of Darren Gower to Marketing Director
- The total staff number reaching 150 across all functions
Eclipse’s founder and Chief Software Architect, Steve Ough, comments on the firm’s performance:
“To announce such strong results in challenging market times is testament to the appeal and flexibility of Proclaim. The variety of organisations we serve is unmatched in the marketplace; we are seeing more and more full-service ‘Practice Management’ wins alongside our growing ABS and commercial presence. Proclaim is seen not just as a legal management solution, but increasingly as a wider business, client and customer management solution.”
Associate News is provided by Legal Futures Associates.
Find out about becoming an Associate