Legal Futures is hiring a Publishing and Events Assistant
Publishing and Events Assistant
Legal Futures (www.legalfutures.co.uk) is an online news publisher and events company for the legal profession and provides ground-breaking daily news coverage and market intelligence as well as high-profile conferences. We are a small but entrepreneurial and highly-driven team and are now looking for an enthusiastic graduate to join us.
About the role
This is a hands-on role for a multi-skilled self-starter who enjoys managing a varied work load. It’s also a great opportunity for someone looking to learn about online publishing, marketing and event management. Responsibilities include:
- Daily updating of editorial and advertising content from our commercial supporters onto our websites, using WordPress
- Day to day administration of our social media platforms using HootSuite
- Setting up and distributing weekly e-newsletters to our subscribers using iContact
- Producing regular reports for our clients using Google Analytics
- Managing delegate registrations to our conferences
- Administrative and research support
- Excellent IT literacy is absolutely essential. We are looking for someone who enjoys learning new software, and is genuinely interested in social media, blogging and digital marketing
- Experience of WordPress is highly advantageous, as well as the main social media platforms we use: LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- A good working knowledge of Excel.
- Attention to detail in order to carry out research tasks quickly and accurately.
- Excellent English language and writing skills
- Initiative and a “can do” attitude
- Some relevant work experience
- An interest in Google Analytics, web development and SEO would be a bonus.
- Understanding of online and traditional print publishing processes
What can we offer you
- A broad role which gives the opportunity to learn about different aspects of publishing and events
- Practical work experience and the opportunity to learn from media professionals with a wealth of experience we are happy to share
- A friendly and relaxed working environment, including work from home days
This is a temporary role from 1 August to 30 November 2016, with the possibility of a permanent role afterwards.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 July 2016
Associate News is provided by Legal Futures Associates.
Find out about becoming an Associate
Leave a comment
* Denotes required field