Kaplan Altior: Why our professional skills course is right for you
In order to become a solicitor, there is no escaping the Professional Skills Course. As a mandatory part of the two year training contract or period of recognised training, in order to qualify as a solicitor, a number of core modules and 24 hours of electives have to be completed. The core modules are:
- Client care and professional standards – two days face-to-face tuition
- Financial & Business Skills – 3 days face to face tuition including an exam
- Advocacy & Communication Skills – 3 days face to face tuition
Our electives cover a wide range of legal areas including criminal, private client, corporate, employment, commercial and civil litigation, as well as personal and professional development skills such as negotiation, interviewing and commercial awareness.
The Professional Skills Course is designed to teach the skills that will be utilised daily in the life of a lawyer, so it’s important that you or your staff have the best training possible.
Here at Kaplan Altior we have been a Law Society and SRA accredited provider of the PSC from the very beginning. If that isn’t reason enough to book a course through us, here are some others.
Benefits for delegates
- Diverse range of electives to choose from – whatever type of firm you work for and whatever type of work you do, there will be courses that are suitable
- Course format is convenient and flexible and are focused on being practical, inclusive and relevant
- Very high quality trainers – all our trainers have a background in legal practice or are currently in practice, ensuring excellent standards of teaching
- There are a number of city locations around the country to select from, all with great transport links
- Small teaching numbers to ensure you get the attention and the results you need
- We can provide online support if you need it
Benefits for employers
- Our PSC is exceptional value for money
- We have an outstanding reputation in the legal training market – you can rest assured your people are in very good hands
- If you need bespoke courses these can be arranged to suit you and your requirements, for example, we can run them in-house
- In 2014 we achieved a 99% pass rate for the financial & business Skills exam
- In 2014 we also achieved a score of 99% positive feedback from our delegates in all areas across all courses
Find a list of more benefits here. For information about how to book on our PSC, click here or call us on 02920 451000.
Associate News is provided by Legal Futures Associates.
Find out about becoming an Associate