Eclipse announces software vision at landmark event
Eclipse Legal Systems unveils a host of new software features at Manchester’s Lowry Hotel
Market leading provider, Eclipse Legal Systems, recently unveiled a host of new software features – as well as its future vision – at its Eclipse 2014 event. Eclipse 2014 took place on Wednesday 11 June and brought together over 300 delegates at Manchester’s exclusive Lowry Hotel. Delegates – comprised of current Eclipse clients and practices currently migrating to the company’s solution – benefited from a day of keynote presentations and detailed breakout sessions.
The core of the event focused on showcasing the raft of new functionality available in the latest version of Proclaim – v3.3. This new version will be available to all existing Proclaim users free of charge. Some of the features revealed included:
- ‘Quick Document Builder’ for rapid document construction, directly within MS Word
- Unlimited data population, using a new database structure, enabling rapid on-the-fly creation of any number of data fields
- A complete costs drafting solution, including ‘red line bill’ creation
- Further enhancements to Precedent H production
- New billing and time management toolsets, allowing advanced configuration at fee earner, matter, and client level
- Mobile time recording, with the new MyTime app
- ‘CaseViewer’, allowing the export of Proclaim matters to mobile, non-Proclaim platforms
In addition to revealing new Proclaim features, the event was memorable for the unveiling of Eclipse’s product vision. Chief Software Architect, Steve Ough, comments:
“Our product vision is focused on accessibility and the provision of multiple entry points. Law firms are increasingly requiring different types and different levels of software access depending on the fee earner or client involved. Providing access to core Proclaim tools in a database- and device- agnostic manner is the ultimate goal.”
Associate News is provided by Legal Futures Associates.
Find out about becoming an Associate